Journal I’m currently using: the Embossed Italian Journal
Total pages written since last JWW post (May 21): 12
Total pages to date since project inception (Dec 11/13): 340
Total pages written in 2014: 285
Total number of notebooks/pens/ink bought since self-imposed spending freeze (Jan 1/14): 7
- 1 pen + 1 bottle of ink = 2 items in a gift set on Jan 14
- 1 bottle of KoninginneNach-Blauw from Akkerman on Feb 5
- 1 Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy set in Red = 2 items (pen and ink bottle; not going to count the extra nib!) from Goldspot on May 15
- 1 bottle of J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche from Goldspot on May 15
- 1 bottle of De Atramentis Heather Violet from Goldspot on May 15
Topics covered since last update:
- Bought an extremely inexpensive charm bracelet on ebay. It came with 10 charms, 2 of which are a fountain pen and book! I will show them in a future blog post
- Last week I forgot to mention I got a bottle of J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche and a bottle of De Atramentis Heather Violet in the same Goldspot order as the Visconti Rembrandt. I’ve never put anything but Bleu Pervenche in my Monteverde Prima and when the cartridges ran out I had to buy a bottle. And the Heather Violet I bought (I will admit it) because of the name. I’m really glad I did because it is a beautiful shade of pink. More future blog posts!
- I am a big fan of SBRE Brown on Youtube and I watched his video Personal Questions with SBRE Brown, Part 2. He quoted an incredibly beautiful prayer by Saint Ephraim which I promptly copied into my journal. The video is long but worth it.
- Went a bit crazy on ebay – more future blog posts ha ha!
- Had a lovely surprise at work this week; David sent me flowers for our anniversary. They are beautiful and I feel very special. He pointed out this is technically my second gift because he bought me the Visconti set. Yes I’m spoiled. I bought him an Amazon gift card which he loved. Eight years married – where has the time gone?