Total pages written since last JWW post (July 30): 23
Total pages to date since project inception (Dec 11/13): 514
Total pages written in 2014: 459
Total number of notebooks/pens/ink bought since self-imposed spending freeze (Jan 1/14): 23
- 1 pen + 1 bottle of ink = 2 items in a gift set on Jan 14
- 1 bottle of KoninginneNach-Blauw from Akkerman on Feb 5
- 1 Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy set in Red = 2 items (pen and ink bottle) from Goldspot on May 15
- 1 bottle of J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche from Goldspot on May 15
- 1 bottle of De Atramentis Heather Violet from Goldspot on May 15
- 5 pens, 4 notebooks, 3 tins of ink cartridges from Reid’s on June 14
- 1 Jinhao X450 from ebay; received on June 19
- 1 bottle of De Atramentis William Shakespeare ink from Goulet Pens; received on June 25
- 1 Winnable Leather Notebook on July 10
- 1 Wreck This Journal on Aug 2
Some topics covered this week (I did a lot of personal journaling this week, which I do not share here):
- I’ve decided what I’m spending my credit from World Mail Panel on: the Monteverde Prima in Purple Swirl with a 1.1 italic nib from Wonderpens in Toronto, ON. It will take 2-3 weeks for it to come in. So excited!!
- Most mornings we see a rather large bird on our drive into work. I’ve finally identified it as a Swainson’s Hawk. It’s a beautiful bird and so far we have only seen one. We wonder if he/she has a mate. There may be more than one and we just see one of them at a time.
- Operation Save the Tree is going really well. We have sprayed it once (well, David did – I held on to the ladder and watched), and we plan on spraying it again. A few days after spraying it’s looking really green and healthy again. Hurrah!
- The City of Calgary has a graffitti removing program, and I phoned them up this week to report some edgy artwork on our bac fence. It doesn’t say anything offensive; you can’t make out any words at all. But I guess it’s unsightly. The City will look after it sometime this month.
- Sleeping patterns are being disrupted as we are experiencing a heat wave here in Calgary. On Friday I slept for a couple of hours in the early evening and then was up until 2:30 am when my husband came home after a gig. But one good thing – I did lots of journaling!
Until next week, happy writing!